Tuesday, October 7, 2014

hell in your head

give me an inch, and i'll take the whole damn universe
i'm not lucky and i'm not kind, and i'm pretty sure hell isn't a place you go to
'cause it's inside you
and you can hide it all you like, but the burning in your veins is a heavyset reminder
i was a little girl when my neighbor swore to God that she didn't know
my mom told me not to swear to God
right then i swore to never swear but damn it all - that's the problem

there's so many things plaguing my mind and if time travel were real
well,
that's just it, isn't it?
i wouldn't do anything to rid hell from my veins
give me an inch, and i'd decline
you'd insist

and that's when i'd come in to rob you of the whole damn universe one inch at a time


1 comment:

  1. Chills at the first line.
    "hell isn't a place you go to
    'cause it's inside you
    and you can hide it all you like"
    just, chills.

    ReplyDelete